How to teleport in Minecraft? TP Commands
In Minecraft, commands are like cheats that players can enter to make things easier. Players can hit commands to perform specific movements and to get around the world faster.
The commands are pretty simple to use. The only thing players need to do is allow cheats when creating a world. They will then be able to enter cheats into a text box.
To enter commands on consoles, players will need a command block or a chatbox. The command blocks are used in the game to perform small tasks and are activated using Redstone.
Teleport is one of the many commands that players can use. With this command, players can teleport themselves, other players, or even mobs around the map.
We demonstrate how to use the Tp (teleport) command in Minecraft for all platforms, such as Windows PC, PS4, and Xbox One. At the end of this guide, you’ll find some examples.
Teleporting in Minecraft on PC
- Download Minecraft and open it on your PC.
- You can create or load the world you want to play in.
- You can teleport to your base, your farm, or the recreation you’re working on in the future.
- You can display your current coordinates by pressing F3 + Fn + F3 on PC or Alt + Fn + F3 on Mac. Take note of these coordinates so you can teleport back.
- To teleport, press the / key on your keyboard to open the console.
- In the teleport cmd teleport name x y z, replace the title with your character’s username, x with the east/west coordinate, y with the vertical coordinate, and z with the north/south coordinate. The complete command should look like this: teleport LewwyPaints 2 43 72
- Using the command teleport Bert Ernie, you can teleport Bert to Ernie’s location (or bring him to you).
- After you enter the command, press the Enter button to teleport your player to the chosen coordinates.
Teleporting in Minecraft on the console
Before we jump into the teleportation tutorial for consoles, it’s worth noting that you can only teleport when you’re hosting a multiplayer world and that, unlike on PC, you can only teleport to another player’s location.
After that, here’s a method for teleporting in Minecraft for PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.
- Start Minecraft from the main menu of your console.
- Play the game and select the world that you want to load. Don’t load it just yet.
- Make sure that Host Privileges are checked in Game Options.
- When a warning appears explaining that players will not be able to update their achievements and leaderboards while playing as a host, select Load and click OK.
- When the game has loaded, press Options on Xbox or Touchpad on PS4 to access the Host menu.
- To teleport to a player, select Host Options.
- You will see the list of all players in your world when you click here. The user you select will instantly be teleported to their current location when choosing their name from the list.
Teleporting in Minecraft on mobile
Despite the lack of a physical keyboard, there is a way to teleport in Minecraft on mobile.
- Start the Minecraft app and load the world you want to play in.
- You can access the pause menu by tapping the top-right corner of the display – the icon may not always be visible, but it’s there.
- To enable teleportation, tap Settings and toggle the Cheats switch on.
- Close the menu and tap the Resume Game button.
- Tap on the Chat symbol at the top of the page.
- You can get your current coordinates for future reference by typing /tpYourUsername * * *, making sure to replace your username with your Minecraft username. You won’t be teleported anywhere, but the command menu should display your coordinates.
- Tap the Chat icon once again, bring up the text box, and type /tp your username X Y Z, where X is the east/west coordinate, Y is the vertical coordinate, and Z is the north/south coordinate.
- Tap the Enter button (it looks like a chat bubble with an arrow in it) to teleport your character to those coordinates.
How Coordinates Work in Minecraft
In Minecraft, you need three variables to enter coordinates: X, Y, and Z:
- X: The X coordinate is the longitude. The value of X increases as the player moves east. The value of X decreases as the player moves west.
- Y: The Y coordinate indicates elevation. The value of Y increases as the player moves up. Y decreases as the players move down.
- Z: The latitude coordinate is Z. Z increases as the player moves south. Z decreases as the player moves north.
A unit represents a block. The sea level for the overworld is 64Y, while the sea level for the lava is 11Y. Lava “sea” level in the Nether is 31Y.
How to Teleport to Coordinates in Minecraft
A player or object can be teleported to a specific set of coordinates by simply providing the X, Y, and Z coordinates. For example:
/tp PluckyChart7166 150 64 250
PluckyChart7166 is teleported to coordinates 150X, 64Y, 250Z with the above command.
List of teleport commands in Minecraft
/Tp<location x y z>
Using this command, the player will be teleported to the coordinates entered in the XYZ slots.
/Tp<destination x y z>
In Minecraft, this command will teleport players to another target. Players can enter the coordinates of a target block in Minecraft, and this command will send them there.
A target block will be teleported to a new location using this command. Whenever a player wants to move a target, but it is too far away, they can use this command to teleport it to the set of coordinates they want to move it to.
As with the one above, this command allows the player to face the target differently. Teleportation will enable players to teleport the target to a set of coordinates facing the direction of another set of coordinates.