KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR is a standard Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) error code—also known as stop code—which appears when a system suffers from a severe hardware or software problem that it couldn’t handle.
As a defensive measure, the system force stops the OS, and you notice a blue screen of death with the error code: KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR (MsFs.SYS).
How to Fix Kernel Data Inpage Error 0x0000007a
You may try the 10 solutions here to solve BSOD Kernel Data Inpage Error 0x0000007a. A step-by-step guide will follow each method.
If you meet Kernel Data Inpage Error BSOD for the first time, the first movement you may try is to restart your Windows computer. Restarting the computer sometimes can solve many minor issues.
If computer reboot can’t fix the Kernel Data Inpage Error, then continue trying the following solutions.
Fix Kernel Data Inpage Error with CHKDSK
Windows CHKDSK utility can verify the integrity of file systems, scan and fix various file system errors, and repair hard drive bad sectors and many other errors. If the 0x0000007a error is caused by a bad sector or file system error, you can try the CHKDSK command line to fix the Kernel Data Inpage Error on Windows 10/8/7. Check the detailed steps below.
Step 1. Open Command Prompt window
You can press Windows and R keys on the computer keyboard at the same time to open the Windows RUN window.
Then type cmd in the search box and click on the Enter. Click OK to run Command Prompt as Administrator.
Step 2. RUN CHKDSK C F R Windows 10/8/7
Next, you can input this command line: chkdsk c: /f /r, and hit Enter key. It would be best to replace “c” with the same drive letter of the operating system drive.
Run Memory Diagnostics Tool for a RAM Check
If the Kernel Data Inpage Error issue often occurs and running CHKDSK in Windows 10/8/7 doesn’t fix the problem, you can further check the computer RAM issues.
Step 1. Open Windows Memory Diagnostic tool
Press Windows + R key on the keyboard. Type mdsched.exe in the Run Window and click on the Enter to run Windows Memory Diagnostic tool.
Step 2. Start checking computer memory problems
Then you can check your computer for memory problems by hitting one of the two options: Restart now and check for problems (recommend), or Check for problems the next time I start my computer.
Once you click the first option, your computer will restart, and Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool will detect the memory problems.
If it doesn’t find issues, then congratulations, your system RAM is not to blame for Kernel Data Inpage Error. However, if it finds errors, it means you have defective computer RAM. You need to replace a new RAM.
Run Antivirus Scan to resolve Kernel Data Inpage Error
Virus or malware infection may also make file corruption and Kernel Data Inpage Error. You can run Windows built-in antivirus tool Windows Defender to scan and kill potential viruses or malware on PC. You can also use a third-party antivirus tool to perform a deep virus scan. This may fix 0x0000007a Kernel Data Inpage Issue Windows 10/8/7.
The data and files infected by the virus may be cleaned or deleted entirely, which may cause massive data loss. But luckily, you can quickly recover deleted files or lost data with the best accessible data recovery software – MiniTool Power Data Recovery. The detailed three steps data recovery guide is attached at the end of the article.
Monitor System Log to Fix 0x0000007a Kernel Data Inpage Error
You can also use the Windows Event Viewer tool to check which device, application, or event may have an error and lead to the Kernel Data Inpage Error Windows 10/8/8.1/7. Check the detailed steps below.
Step 1. Open Windows Event Viewer Tool
You have three ways to open the Event Viewer tool on Windows 10/8/7 PC.
- Click Start on PC and type Event or Event Viewer, choose Event Viewer. This is the quickest way.
- Press Windows + R key on the keyboard, then type %SystemRoot%/system32/eventvwr.msc /s or eventvwr in the search box.
- Click the Control Panel shortcut key on a computer screen, or press Windows + R and input Control Panel, and then click System & Security -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer.
Step 2. Check System Log in Event Viewer
After you open the Windows Event Viewer tool, you can click Windows Log and double-click System. Then you can browse all the system events to check if any error messages may cause the Kernel Data Inpage Error.
Update Device Drivers
Incompatible or outdated device drivers may also make the BSOD 0x0000007a stop code. You may try updating all your device drivers to fix Kernel Data Inpage Error.
- Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard at the same time, and hit Device Manager.
- Click Disk Drives. Right-click the computer hard drive and click Properties.
- Click the Driver tab and Update Driver to update the driver for the PC hard drive.
Uninstall Incompatible Software
If some newly installed software or third-party applications have some incompatibility issues with PC, the BSOD Kernel Data Inpage Error 0x0000007a may also occur. You can uninstall the suspicious software to understand if the Kernel Data Inpage Error can be fixed.
- You can click the Control Panel shortcut key on a computer screen or press Windows + R and input the control panel in the RUN window to uninstall programs.
- Then hit Programs -> Programs and Features -> Uninstall a program to uninstall point programs. You can click Installed On to set the program’s installation date in descending order to find the most recently installed programs.
Run sfc /scannow to Solve Kernel Data Inpage Error
SFC (System File Checker) is also a Windows built-in tool that can scan and fix the corrupted or missing system files on PC. You may also attempt to fix 0x0000007a Kernel Data Inpage Error Windows 10/8/7 by using sfc /scannow.
- You can either hit Windows + R or Windows + S and type cmd and hit Enter to open the Command Prompt. Remember to run Command Prompt as administrator.
- Then you can type this command line: sfc /scannow, and click on Enter. Do not avoid the space in the command line.