How to Change Fortnite Name on All Devices like Android, iPhone, Xbox One, Windows, and Mac? Fortnite has always remained one of the world’s most popular games since it was released in 2017.
As with any other multiplayer game, players need to pick and choose an in-game name for other players to see during a match. Some players are not the best at picking their name, or maybe you want to mix things up. Here’s how to change your Fortnite name!
How to Change Fortnite Name on an Android Device
If you are utilizing the mobile version of Fortnite, changing the username is a simple process. As the game itself does not have a dedicated website, relying on the Epic Games webpage for all its settings, you will have to edit it there. To do so, follow these instructions:
- On your Android Device, start your mobile internet browser.
- Enter the Epic Games website by typing epic games in the search bar. It should be the first result.
- If you have not signed in to your account, you can do it immediately. If you are previously signed in, skip to Step 7. Otherwise, you can sign in by clicking on the three lines icon at the upper right corner of your screen. Tap on Sign in.
- Tap the icon of your desired sign-in method.
- Insert your username and password, then tap on Log in Now.
- Once signed in, you will be behind on the home page. Click on the three lines icon at the upper right of the screen, then tap on your username.
- On the menu that appears, tap on Account.
- Scroll down to Account Settings. You will see your display name grayed out. Please tap on the edit button to the right of it. It is the blue pencil button.
- Type in your desired username, then enters it again in the confirm display name textbox, and then tap on Confirm.
- Your display name should now be changed. You can navigate out of this screen and resume playing.
How to Improve Your Username for Fortnite on an iPhone
Changing usernames on a mobile is not platform dependent as the change happens in the Epic Games Accounts page and not on the app. To change your username on an iPhone, follow the directions given above. They are the same. The only difference is that you are utilizing Safari instead of another web browser.
How to Change Fortnite Username on an Xbox One
For console users, their display names are not attached to their Epic Games account. Rather, they are dependent on their console service providers. For Xbox One, this implies that your Fortnite display name is tied to your Xbox Gamertag. It should be noted that changing your Xbox Gamertag modifies it for all games, not just Fortnite. To do so, follow these steps:
On Xbox One
- Using your controller, hold down the Xbox button.
- Navigate to Profile & System, then pick your existing Gamertag.
- Choose My Profile
- Select Customize Profile.
- Under the select new Gamertag tab, type in the new Gamertag that you want to use. Alternatively, you can prefer one of the suggested Gamertags given. You can select more suggestions if you’re going to see another set of suggested usernames.
- Select Check Availability to see if the Gamertag is already taken. If it is, pick another name, or edit it, so it becomes unique. If it is not being managed by anyone else, confirm your selection.
- You can now operate out of the system’s screen.
Changing Gamertag using a browser
- On your net browser, open your Microsoft Account.
- Click on your username.
- Scroll down and hit on go to your Xbox Profile.
- Click on Customize Profile.
- Hit on the change Gamertag icon to the right of your Gamertag.
- Alternatively, you can move directly to the change Gamertag screen by clicking on this link.
- Enter your new Gamertag, then hit on Check Availability. If it’s not, change it until you get one. Otherwise, click on Change Gamertag.
- Your Gamertag should now be changed.
How to Change Fortnite Username for on a PS4
Alike the Xbox, the PlayStation 4 relies on the PSN Name as the game’s username. If you want to change it in Fortnite, you will have to modify your PSN name. Recognize, this changes it for all your other games on the PlayStation Network as well. Here’s how it’s done:
On the PS4
- On the home page on your PS4, drive to Settings.
- Choose Account Management from the menu.
- Select Account Information.
- Scroll down and then select Profile.
- Choose an Online ID.
- Click I Accept on the window that appears. Do recognize that you are changing the name for your entire PSN account. Any other game whose progress is tied to that ID may have their records wiped. If you’re ok with this, click on Continue.
- You will be ready to enter your new Online ID here. You can do this now, or take one of the suggestions on the right. If you want to see more tips, click on Refresh.
- Once you have entered your new Online ID, click on Confirm. If the ID isn’t available, you will need to enter a new one until you find one that is not in use.
- Navigate out of this screen. Your name should now have been changed.
Changing Online ID on a browser
- Open your PlayStation Network Account. From the menu, choose PSN Profile.
- Click on the edit key beside your Online ID.
- Insert your desired Online ID, or choose from the given suggestions.
- Follow the prompts that appear. Once you’ve changed your Online ID, click on confirm.
How to Change Fortnite Username on Windows or Mac
Changing the display name on a PC or Mac is very similar, as the change is done through the Epic Games website.
- Continue to the Epic Games website using the browser of your choice.
- Hover over your username. It is found on the upper right portion of the webpage. On the menu that appears, click on Account.
- On the Generals tab, you will see your Display Name under Account Info. Click on the edit button beside it.
- On the window that appears, enter your new Display Name, then click on Confirm.
- Your Display Name should now be changed. You can now close the website.